It’s time to get your team together for CrossFit York’s O.G. Hopper League!
(Want to participate, but don’t have a team? Click over to our FREE AGENT REGISTRATION PAGE!)
We’re kickin’ it old school, back when you were a little scared of unknown WODs but found comfort training with friends.
Teams of 2 men and 2 women will workout once a week in true hopper-fashion; we’ll pull and post on Facebook the WOD at 8am on the day of the evening WOD.
League will run for 8 weeks on Thursday nights from 7:30pm-8:30pm throughout the summer, beginning June 25. The final league WOD will be held at Santander Stadium on Saturday, August 15.
Cost for each team: $350. Each team may register a roster of 3 men and 3 women for substitution purposes. All substitutes must be listed on the roster and only registered team members will be eligible to compete.
Standards for competition: at least one team member should be able to perform the following movements:
- Chest to bar pullups
- Handstand push-ups
- Double Unders
Capacities for Hopper WODs will not exceed the following loads*:
- Clean & Jerk 155#/115#
- Snatch 135#/75#
- Thruster 115#/65#
- Deadlift 285#/205#
* with the exception of max capacity style ladder WODs
- tons of fun with the opportunity to WOD with athletes from other local boxes
- typical workout time approx 20 min.-40 min.
- potential for more than 1 WOD / night
- substitutions for the current day may be made up until the first WOD has started. The same 2 males & 2 females must participate for the duration of the evening.
- scaling or modifying any movement is permissible; however, the score for that WOD may not be higher than a team performing at Rx’d
< 20 min: AMRAP, For Time (with cap)
<10 min: AMRAP, For Time (with cap)
12 teams max
total work time for each team will be approx 20 min for each night.
Plan on two heats for non capacity ladder-style WODs.
Example nightly format:
- 2 heats of AMRAP 20
- 2 heats of capacity ladder (max rep at final weight tiebreaker) & 2 heats of AMRAP 10
- 2 heats of AMRAP 10 + 2 heats of AMRAP 10
[Capacity Ladders can include any barbell movement and stones.]
example: Clean & Jerk- progress through the barbells (10-20# increments)